This prize consists of a USD $1500 check/cash* and a certificate, to be awarded to the selected author at a prize ceremony during the IIFET 2022 Vigo Conference, 18-22 July 2022, in Vigo, Galicia, Spain. (This prize does not include free conference registration.)
(*Note: The winner must purchase their own air tickets and meet other expenses in advance of receiving the prize. Award funds cannot be provided in advance.)
To be eligible to compete for the JIFRS-Yamamoto Prize, you must:
- Be a citizen of a developing country
- Submit a useful paper meeting the guidelines below, encouraging the rational development of responsible fisheries in your own country
- Be the primary author of the paper
- Have an abstract accepted for oral, short oral, or poster presentation at the IIFET 2022 Vigo conference. You should be in possession of an email indicating the acceptance of your abstract.
Your paper must be submitted in the format described here:
In order to ensure a fair and “blind” review, please send two separate pdf files as described below.
- One file must contain the title of the paper, including all authors’ names and affiliations including professional titles, complete mailing and email contacts, and the abstract. The filename should include the author’s last (family) name, and the abstract number (e.g. Smith123.pdf)
- A separate file must contain the paper title, abstract, and body of the paper, plus all references, graphs, etc. All mention of the authors’ names should be removed from this file. Name this file with only the abstract number (e.g., 123.pdf).
Review and Award Process
The files described in item 2 above will be transferred to the chair of JIFRS-Yamamoto Prize Review Committee, for a double-blind review process. The award winner(s) will be selected by approximately 15 May 2022; the results will be shared with all applicants for this prize by the IIFET Secretariat via email soon after that date. The winner(s)' name(s) will be printed in the conference program and announced during the conference. Please note that the prize winners are required to attend the conference and present his/her own paper at the conference.
The winner will receive USD $1,500 cash/check and an award certificate from JIFRS, at a prize ceremony at the IIFET 2022 Conference. Attendance of the ceremony is mandatory.
The Review Committee may, if appropriate, elect to award honorable mentions. Honorable mention winners will receive a certificate at the award ceremony during the conference. No financial award or travel stipend is associated with an honorable mention.