Vigo has good connections to other cities thanks to a complete network of infrastructures that links the city with the main Galician, peninsular and international urban centers.
There is a wide range of transports to choose (the Atlantic harbor, the airport, the road network and the railway) adapted to any personal tastes or means.
Vigo: Peinador airport
Vigo airport is 10 km away from the city.
Visit the airport website www.aena.es – Vigo (choose aiport) for further information.
Connections with the city center:
- Urban bus: line Circular L9A - www.vitrasa.es/renovaciones-44_L9A, : its stop is right in front of the terminal.
- Taxi : the stop is also right next to the exit of the terminal
Santiago de Compostela: Lavacolla airport
Visit the airport website – www.aena.es – Santiago de Compostela ( choose aiport ) for further information.
The airport is 14 km away from Santiago. Connections with the city:
- Taxi: The taxi rank is at the Arrivals terminal area (ground floor). There’s a fixed rate of 22€ between the airport and any destination within the city. More information in the phone number: (+34) 981 591 575.
- Bus: the trip is about 30 minutes long, stop is by the terminal gates. Price: 3€ one-way trip. Check schedules and stops webiste - www.empresafreire.com
Santiago is 83 km away from Vigo, and both cities are connected by:
- Train: (The station is in Avd. de Lugo) Approximately 1h 30 min, 9,15€. Check – website - www.renfe.com
- Bus: Aproximately 1h 25 min, 8€. Check website – www.monbus.es/es. Address of the bus station: San Caetano, s/n Santiago de Compostela. Telephone: 981 587 700.
Oporto (Portugal): Sá Carneiro airport
Porto is 150 km away from Vigo, so its airport is a great option to travel to our city. Check the wide variety of available routes at the airport website - www.aeroportoporto.pt/es/opo/home
In order to get to Vigo you can choose among:
- By train:Take the website – www.metrodoporto.pt (purple line, 1,5€) from the airport to Campanhã station (30 min). There you can take the train to Vigo. There are two journeys per day, approximately 3h long, 12€. Please check the website - cp.pt//passageiros/pt
- Bus: Departures from the airport, two different companies: website - www.alsa.es
and website - www.autna.com/es/
- Other options would be taxi or renting a car.
There are daily connections between Vigo and nearby cities: Ourense, Pontevedra, Santiago, A Coruña and Porto. In addition, there are expressos and long-distance trains to Madrid and Barcelona everyday, and direct trains to Leon, Ponferrada, Bilbao and Alicante.
For further information, visit the Vigo-Guixar Train Station website, or www.renfe.com
The main connections link Vigo with Madrid, Barcelona, Asturias, Bilbao, Irún, San Sebastián, Zaragoza, Extremadura, Andalucía,... There are also international routes from/to Portugal (Porto, Lisboa and Algarve), France, Switzerland, Belgium, The Netherlands, Denmark and Germany.
More information in the Vigo bus station website: www.vigobus.com
Address: Avenida de Madrid, 57.
Telephone: (+34) 986 373 411.
Telephones: +34986272829 and +34986470000. Consult website - www.taxienvigo.com
How to move around Vigo:
There’s a bus service with lines that cover almost the whole municipality: website- www.vitrasa.es
Please before to do the reservation of your flight you must check it with the embassy of your country the requirements the go in to the country. If you are flying to Oporto you must think you visit two different countries.